What is the GIFT team?
GIFT stands for growing in faith together; our GIFT team are a group of children selected by the staff and their peers, called to lead the school in spiritual development, strengthening our relationship with our Parish family of St. Mary's and supporting others in their faith journey.
- Ensuring that Christ is at the centre of all we do
- Attending weekly meetings and cluster school workshops
- Preparing and leading whole-school liturgy and worship sessions
- Supporting children as they plan and prepare for worship in their classrooms
- Working together to design and create religious focal points throughout the school
- Helping others to understand their faith
- Working with the Parish and local community to strengthen existing relationships
GIFT Team Members
Our gift team is made up of children from Upper Key Stage Two and supported by Miss Collinge.
We meet regularly to discuss points on our action plan for the year as well as to plan and prepare whole school and class worship, religious activities and events throughout the Liturgical year. We also work closely with Father O'Brien who is always on hand with lots of exciting and interesting ideas to help us.
We are lucky enough to work with our cluster primary schools and Mount Carmel High School to share ideas and plan for events in the Church's calendar. These days are always great fun.