Free school meals and pupil premium
Please tell us if you get any of the benefits listed below as our school can get extra funding, called pupil premium. This funding provides subsidised trips, clubs and extra staffing in the classrooms. This is important if your child is in Reception right through to Year 6.
Your child will be able to get free school meals if they are in Reception class, Year 1 or Year 2. This is known as Universal Free School Meals. Children in Years 3 to 6 are able to receive free meals if you are in receipt of any of the following benefits.
- Universal Credit with a household income of less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income-Based Jobseekers' Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, not entitled to Working Tax Credit and household income less than £16,190
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income Support
- Working Tax Credit 'run on' – the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you finish work
It is very easy to check if you are eligible for the Pupil Premium, all is required is your name (benefit claimant), date of birth and NI number. We are able to get an immediate response. Please either call in at the school office or telephone the Local Area Office Free School Meals Team on 01254 220711 and they will be able to advise you.